A car accident is a sudden, jarring event that subjects the body to sudden movements and sometimes massive trauma. Even the most minor of fender benders can lead to a shoulder injury that can cause chronic pain, stiffness, and limited range of motion. The following is a quick look at just how a shoulder injury can occur in an auto accident and how our “chiropractor Stillwater” team can help. If you need chiropractic care, we at Advanced Chiropractic & Wellness in Stillwater, OK, are here for you.
Common Causes of a Shoulder Injury in a Car Accident
Here are some causes of a shoulder injury during an auto accident:
- Seatbelt impact: A seatbelt will save a person's life as it keeps them securely in their seat following an impact. In restraining you, however, there is the potential side effect of causing a muscle strain or sprain in the shoulder due to the massive force exchange.
- Airbag deployment: Airbags quickly deploy to cushion your body and prevent sharp and heavy objects from crushing your body. This is vital but the force of an airbag's deployment may lead to trauma in the shoulder and chest and result in chronic or sharp shoulder pain.
- Whiplash: Whiplash commonly occurs following a rear-end or front-end collision as the head and neck are whipped sharply forward and then backward. This momentum most commonly impacts the upper spine, but the shoulders can also be affected with strains, sprains, and other soft tissue injuries.
Getting Chiropractic Adjustment for an Auto Accident Injury
If you're searching for “chiropractic adjustment near me” following a car accident, you're not alone. Our friendly “chiropractor Stillwater” team is proud to offer treatments that may help reduce pain and restore your normal range of motion. Our “chiropractic adjustment Stillwater” treatment might include the following steps:
- Thorough assessment and diagnosis: Every client relationship begins with a thorough assessment in which we will sit and discuss your physical issues at length. We'll perform a physical examination and medical history review.
- Comprehensive treatment plan: Upon understanding the extent of your shoulder injury, our team will then develop a comprehensive recovery plan that will aim at stopping the pain and returning you to your normal range of motion. To do this, we will offer a specialized treatment plan that may include manual adjustments, exercises, soft tissue mobilization, and more.
Get Chiropractic Care for a Shoulder Injury after an Auto Accident
It's time to stop searching for “chiropractic adjustment near me” and start enjoying the results from an Advance Chiropractic & Wellness chiropractor. Give our team a call today to schedule your first appointment and let's get you on the road to a future without shoulder pain. Give us a call at (405) 533-1511 for Advanced Chiropractic & Wellness in Stillwater, OK. We can provide a chiropractic adjustment to help give you the results you are looking for.